archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Deng Ching <och...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GSoC projects?
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2010 02:21:06 GMT
On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 8:13 AM, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Do we want to propose any projects for Google Summer of Code for Archiva?

+1, I was contacted a few weeks ago by an undergrad student from the
University of Moratuwa in Sri Lanka and he was looking at contributing in
Archiva for GSoC. I asked him to contact me again if he has decided to
participate so I can officially bring it up in the PMC list. I saw him in
the users list a while back, and I can send him an email again if he's still
interested :)

> These are the sorts of ones I can think of:
> - MRM-976 - introduce a better event API
> - MRM-1209 - project tree view
> - MRM-980 - merging repositories
> - MRM-1021 - staging / promotion
> - atomic deployment (as discussed by Marc on here recently)
> - Propose your own / pick from from the backlog
>
> Thoughts / volunteers / priorities?

The above list sounds good to me, though I'd prefer working either on the
first five listed above instead of just randomly picking from the backlog :)

Thanks,
Deng