archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Deng Ching <och...@apache.org>
Subject Re: work left to do on MRM-1025 branch
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 15:45:15 GMT
Follow up question :)

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 10:08 PM, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It's been a long time in the works, but this branch is now at the point
> that it is stable enough that I'd like to merge it to trunk before it
> further diverges from the current trunk (I'll start a separate vote thread
> given the size). It is big enough already and I'd like to avoid a 'code
> bomb' that nobody can understand without re-learning the whole codebase.
>
> I believe with some work we can incorporate it into 1.4. The main goal has
> been completed, and then some - not just making the database optional, but
> removing it and JPOX altogether without loss of functionality (at least for
> Archiva itself - the users database is unchanged). In addition, I have
> started to move towards the target architecture we talked about, splitting
> some functionality out (maven2 specifics support, metadata storage
> providers) into plugins, and introducing the metadata model and repository
> API that can be used to tie everything together. All going well, things
> should look much the same as they did, but quite a bit faster and more
> predictable.
>
> The documentation to review is here:
> http://archiva.apache.org/ref/1.4-SNAPSHOT/ (just 5 pages for now). We can
> continue the other thread to decide if this should be in SVN or the wiki.

Does the artifact info in the content model get updated when it is changed?
I tried deploying an artifact in the pre-configured 'internal' repo and got
this warning when I browsed to the artifact info page:

"The model may be incomplete due to a previous error in resolving
information.."

>From the repo problem report, the cause was that the path to the artifact
cannot be resolved because of the repo's path set which is
'./data/repositories/internal'. After changing it to an absolute path, I
re-deployed the artifact again then ran the scanner (with Process All
Artifacts set to true) but after browsing to the artifact info page, I still
get the same warning and an empty groupId, artifactId and packaging so I'm
wondering if the content model gets updated and how is it done?

Thanks,
Deng