archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Deng Ching <och...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dev't documentation for Archiva and MRM-1025
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2010 07:21:21 GMT
On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 1:42 PM, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know we currently have some developer notes in the wiki, but trying to
> edit documents in Confluence drives me a little batty and I like to link
> straight into the javadocs, so I started documenting the MRM-1025 branch
> here:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/archiva/branches/MRM-1025/archiva-modules/src/site/apt/

For documentation in general - what would others prefer? Should we continue
> to use Confluence (and I can move these across), or would you like to
> continue these?

I prefer the wiki for proposals and development docs, but I'm also fine with
incorporating it to the site. My only condition is that they are together in
one place and not scattered in different locations..

> I'd appreciate some review of the docs even at this early stage to see if
> it is starting to make some sense. The next step is to move the
> content-model.txt and existing wiki page into the Metadata document and add
> more information, and then to fill in the sequencing information about the
> repository APIs. Finally, I need to add some documentation of the tasks
> remaining to get it to production quality.
>
> I intend to propose this for trunk after these are done, so please take a
> look through the code changes if you get a chance. I don't want this to be a
> 'code bomb' nobody understands :)

I attempted to take look at the branch earlier this year but got
side-tracked with other things. Sorry about that.. I'll find some time to go
over the branch in the next few days :)

Thanks,
Deng