archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject roadmap for 1.4
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2010 16:33:59 GMT
Hi,

I know there's still a few issues to do in 1.3.1 yet, but I wanted to start laying out the
next version. I've added all the known bugs and improvements I had recorded for the changes
I made, and we had a lot in the bucket already - meaning there are ~100 issues beyond what
was already fixed. That should probably be cut down. I've marked a few for testing that will
either be resolved or pushed, and then there's probably a group more that could be considered.

I thought our major targets for the release could be:
- polishing of the metadata repository and removal of the database (the issues I've filed
and discussed previously, and those we continue to find through testing)
- migrate the proxy and repository groups to the new repository API to ensure it covers the
necessary use cases (not yet filed)
- updating the nexus indexer to be compatible with more recent versions of m2eclipse and prep
for its move to Maven (aggregated under MRM-1345)

Anything unrelated to that, unless it has a patch or some particular interest for a developer,
can be bumped out to the next version. It'd be great to get this into folks hands as soon
as possible given the improvements.

WDYT?

Cheers,
Brett