archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: authenticating to Archiva with CAS
Date Sun, 10 Jan 2010 19:02:19 GMT
There isn't any direct support at this stage. We don't use acegi by default, but there is some
sandbox code to try it if they happens to make this easier. I would think it is better to
directly provide an authentication handler for CAS in Redback though.

We can certainly help point you in the right direction if that's something you want to embark
on.

- Brett

On 09/01/2010, at 10:55 AM, Stephen Winnall wrote:

> I use CAS (www.jasig.org/cas) for single sign-on and would like to use it also for my
Maven repository, which lives in Archiva 1.2.2 under Tomcat 6.0.20. Authentication in Archiva
is handled by Redback. Does anyone have any idea if there is a simple way of making CAS and
Archiva/Redback work together?

> I've spent some time researching this and the common denominator of CAS and Redback seems
to be Acegi. I know nothing about Acegi and Redback, and only enough about CAS to make it
work. I'd be grateful for any hints about how to adapt or configure Archiva to use CAS.

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org