archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Winnall <st...@winnall.ch>
Subject Re: authenticating to Archiva with CAS
Date Sun, 10 Jan 2010 20:01:00 GMT
Hi Brett

Thanks for the feedback. Could you point me at some documentation
about how to implement a Redback authentication handler for Archiva
please? I looked at the Redback site, but couldn't find much
information there. I'm already along way away from what I should be
doing, so I can't promise to deliver anything in reasonable time (or
even ever), but I can take a look at it and see what it's likely to
cost. I get the impression that CAS and Redback do similar things, so
it *may* be a relatively simple task, but on the other hand, of
course...  :-)

Steve

On 10 Jan 2010, at 20:02, Brett Porter wrote:

> There isn't any direct support at this stage. We don't use acegi by
> default, but there is some sandbox code to try it if they happens to
> make this easier. I would think it is better to directly provide an
> authentication handler for CAS in Redback though.
>
> We can certainly help point you in the right direction if that's
> something you want to embark on.
>
> - Brett

believed to be clean.