archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Browsing in the MRM-1025 branch
Date Sun, 10 Jan 2010 19:01:42 GMT

On 09/01/2010, at 8:04 AM, Wendy Smoak wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 9:49 PM, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Browsing and reporting were most affected. Detection of deletions on the filesystem
are known not to work (next on my list) - other than that it should be fine except that the
location of the metadata is not final.

>> Any testing will be helpful, though I'm also particularly interested in comments
on the architectural changes to see if others are happy going in that direction. I think I
need to write it up in a more condensed form :)

> I'm not going to be much help with the architecture, but if you
> summarize the changes I can work on the docs.

Getting there :)

> I'm not sure whether
> all references to the database need to get removed because you've
> mentioned making it optional.  How does that work?

Well, that was the original intent, to push database-oriented stuff like reports into pluggable
modules only enabled if you choose and have a database configured. However, it seemed feasible
to achieve it with the current functionality, so the database isn't required for anything
other than users at this point.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter