archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Browsing in the MRM-1025 branch
Date Tue, 22 Dec 2009 04:49:36 GMT

On 22/12/2009, at 3:22 PM, Wendy Smoak wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 9:01 PM, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Yeah, that sounds like a bug. o.a.m.p should not appear if org does. Should I add
some debug logging to help troubleshoot it, or did you want to step through in a debugger?
I don't see it here.

> Adding the logging statements sounds good.  At least from the commits
> I'll see what area of the code to look at if I can get it running in a
> debugger, but I haven't done that in ages...

Will do.

>> Thanks for giving it a spin!
>
> I'm using it on my laptop for all builds.  Is there anything in
> particular you want tested?

Browsing and reporting were most affected. Detection of deletions on the filesystem are known
not to work (next on my list) - other than that it should be fine except that the location
of the metadata is not final.

Any testing will be helpful, though I'm also particularly interested in comments on the architectural
changes to see if others are happy going in that direction. I think I need to write it up
in a more condensed form :)

Cheers,
Brett

--