archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: seeking review on plan/work for MRM-1025
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 09:47:13 GMT
In addition, this is the content model I was thinking of: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/archiva/branches/MRM-1025/archiva-modules/metadata/content-model.txt
(represented as a tree structure, and can be rendered in XML, json, etc.)

Somewhat simpler but still as flexible as the one previously on the wiki.

- Brett

On 20/11/2009, at 12:38 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have again picked up the task of removing the requirement of the database from Archiva
(seeking to push it over to either an optional add-on, or replace it with an alternative).
We use very little of the data in there for core functionality at the moment.

> The main reasoning is to clean up the architecture though and remove a certain classification
of bugs that we get on a regular basis.

> I'd like to make sure the work I'm doing is reviewed though, even though it's on a branch.
If you get time to review the code, please do. Short of that, please sanity check the current
plan: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-1025