archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: helping to implement MRM-1256
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2009 13:36:53 GMT

On 13/10/2009, at 12:25 AM, Marc Lustig wrote:

> can I help to implement this?

of course!

> What "event ideas for 1.3" was Brett refering to ?
> any existing issue?

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ARCHIVA/Event+Framework
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-976
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/archiva/branches/MRM-976/branch-working-notes.txt?revision=706263&view=markup

Unfortunately work on this stalled some time back.

> I would prefer a generic solution to implement extension-point, in
> the way I
> proposed it.
> One or another consumer may be used perhaps for one or another task.
> But consumers run only on repo-scan, right?
> Action events triggered on artifact-deployment are a different thing
> and not
> less important.

I'd say if you've got an idea to go ahead with that - we can look at
it early and often and look to incorporate it. The above, if picked up
again, can still support it afterwards. Thanks!

Cheers,
Brett