archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Deng Ching <och...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Re : [VOTE] Release Archiva 1.2.2
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2009 09:30:04 GMT

>>> 1) Issue with metadata from group repository
>>> I have a group repository (named releases) that includes a central proxy
>>> (a repo with a connector to the central).
>>>
>>> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>>>
>>> No versions are present in the repository for the artifact with a range
>>> [3.1.0,)
>>>  eclipse:jdtcore:jar:null
>>>
>>> from the specified remote repositories:
>>>  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2),
>>>
>>> Looking at my local repository there is a maven-metadata-central.xml but
>>> it contains no version even ifhttp://
>>> repo2.maven.org/maven2/eclipse/jdtcore/maven-metadata.xml is not empty.
>>>

> I was able to reproduce this issue. It also happens even if you're not
> using repository groups. This is working in 1.2.1 when I tried it, so this
> is a regression and I think is a release blocker. Already filed
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-1239 for this.

After debugging this issue, the problem wasn't because of version ranges but
because of the resource path determined. There is a check in the webdav
component to only proxy metadata if the request has a default (Maven 2)
layout. It requires at least 3 occurrences of '/' in the path (e.g.
/eclipse/jdtcore/maven-metadata.xml). But in 1.2.2, the first '/' was being
removed so the request path is now 'eclipse/jdtcore/maven-metadata.xml'.
This would cause all requests with only three directory levels to fail.

I'm canceling the release now, we need to fix this issue first..

(Thanks for catching this one Julien!)

-Deng