archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Julien HENRY <henr...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Re : Re : [VOTE] Release Archiva 1.2.2
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2009 08:25:15 GMT
Concerning #2 (French character issues) it only happens when I hit Archiva through my Apache
proxy. So I suppose this is a configuration issue of mod_proxy.

Regards,

Julien

________________________________
De : Deng Ching <oching@apache.org>
À : dev@archiva.apache.org
Envoyé le : Mercredi, 26 Août 2009, 10h05mn 06s
Objet : Re: Re : [VOTE] Release Archiva 1.2.2

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 10:48 AM, Deng Ching <oching@apache.org> wrote:

> Thanks for the heads up Julien, I'll see if I can reproduce them as well..
>
> -Deng
>

> On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 7:57 PM, Julien HENRY <henryju@yahoo.fr> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've installed staged Archiva 1.2.2 and I found 2 issues.
>>
>> 1) Issue with metadata from group repository
>> I have a group repository (named releases) that includes a central proxy
>> (a repo with a connector to the central).
>>
>> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>>
>> No versions are present in the repository for the artifact with a range
>> [3.1.0,)
>>  eclipse:jdtcore:jar:null
>>
>> from the specified remote repositories:
>>  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2),
>>
>> Looking at my local repository there is a maven-metadata-central.xml but
>> it contains no version even ifhttp://
>> repo2.maven.org/maven2/eclipse/jdtcore/maven-metadata.xml is not empty.

I was able to reproduce this issue. It also happens even if you're not using
repository groups. This is working in 1.2.1 when I tried it, so this is a
regression and I think is a release blocker. Already filed
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-1239 for this.

>> 2) Issue with French chars
>> All French characters like é or è are displayed with a ?. Archiva is not
>> localized but this is in the redback part. You can force locale by appending
>> ?request_locale=fr to Archiva URL.
>> There is no issue with staged Continuum that use the same version of
>> redback.

I cannot replicate this one though, the French characters were displayed
correctly when I appended ?request_locale=fr to the url..

Thanks,
Deng