archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Julien HENRY <henr...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Re : [VOTE] Release Archiva 1.2.2 (Take 2)
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2009 12:05:39 GMT
Hi Deng,

I have tested metadata issue and now it works fine.

Concerning encoding issue, here is some details:
    - when accessing Archiva directly (http://vs0126-picj-ag:8080) there is no issue and the
browser detects that encoding is ISO-8859-1
    - when accessing Archiva through the apache mod_proxy (http://archiva.mycompany.fr) all
characters are messed up. This is because browser detects encoding is UTF-8. Forcing encoding
to ISO-8859-1 works fine.

I set up a Continuum instance with exactly the same configuration, and both way (with or without
proxy) to access the site make the browser use UTF-8 (and I have no issue with characters).

As Archiva and Continuum are using the same version of redback the issue come from Archiva
itself.

I think it can be solved by adding

<filter>
    <filter-name>encodingFilter</filter-name>
    <filter-class> org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter</filter-class>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>encoding</param-name>
      <param-value>UTF-8</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>forceEncoding</param-name>
      <param-value>true</param-value>
    </init-param>
  </filter>

  <filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>encodingFilter</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
  </filter-mapping>

to Archiva web.xml. I'll test and let you know.

Regards,

Julien