archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Showing the file size in Archiva
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2009 05:45:42 GMT

On 01/07/2009, at 3:04 PM, Wendy Smoak wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 9:36 PM, Brett Porter<brett@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> I think there is a feature req. in to add more info to the webdav
>> listings
>> that might help. You could certainly use the WebDAV protocol to
>> crawl the
>> information.
>>
>> It could also be added to the xmlrpc search service quickly.
>
> We were actually looking at the Dependency Tree tab and wishing for it
> there [or in an xml export of that data] and then the story changed to
> needing the _Project_ tree (basically the pom hierarchy) with this
> info.
>
> Adding it to the webdav view or search wouldn't help here, they're
> trying to get a view of all the artifacts 'in' a project and need to
> know the size in addition to the artifactId/version/type.
>
> Since that view is built from the database, does that change the
> answer?

Well it starts to touch upon one of the fundamental things I'd like to
see change in Archiva, where it has a project layer over the top of
the artifacts, rather than being artifact centric. It is somewhat half
done in the current UI, and neither wins as a result.

So I think there's probably not the info now (other than to query the
database directly), but if we could arrange for the right info to be
on a page in Archiva, we can construct the same functionality for an
XML/etc view.

- Brett