archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Archiva HA
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 17:59:23 GMT
On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 4:36 AM, Marc Lustig <ml@marclustig.com> wrote:

> I am currently working on the architecture for Archiva High Availability.
> In our projects we have about 120 developers (increasing) and a number of
> CI-systems operating.
> What we need is to reduce the single-point-of-failure as much as possible.

There is some info this wiki page, please add to it...
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ARCHIVA/High+Availability+Archiva

> My idea looks like this
> - 2 Linux-based servers running an Archiva instance each
> - single Oracle RAC DB-instance for both instances (already running)
> - single Apache httpd as load-balancer (SPOF)
> - single NAS-FS connected by both Archiva's using NFS

I'm not sure about sharing the database.  I've never tried load
balancing across two Archiva instances such that a single Maven build
might pull from either one... in that case maybe sharing the database
is preferable.

--
Wendy