archiva-dev mailing list archives

From nicolas de loof <nicolas.del...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Archiva 1.2
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2009 10:28:15 GMT
I've tried all possible grep expression but can't find where
"org.apache.maven.project.ModelResolver" is set in archiva codebase...
Seems to be used as a plexus role :
Failed to convert property value of type [java.lang.String] to required type
[java.lang.Class] for property 'role'; nested exception is
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot find class
[org.apache.maven.project.ModelResolver]

but just can't find where / why :'(

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 10:22 AM, nicolas de loof
<nicolas.deloof@gmail.com>wrote:

> [...]
> the ConcurrentModificationException may be the real cause of my startup
> failure, but it is related to redback :
>
> Caused by: java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
>  at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.checkForComodification(Unknown Source)
> at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.next(Unknown Source)
>  at
> org.codehaus.plexus.redback.role.processor.DefaultRoleModelProcessor.processRoles(DefaultRoleModelProcessor.java:218)
> at
> org.codehaus.plexus.redback.role.processor.DefaultRoleModelProcessor.process(DefaultRoleModelProcessor.java:64)
>  at
> org.codehaus.plexus.redback.role.DefaultRoleManager.loadApplication(DefaultRoleManager.java:165)
> at
> org.codehaus.plexus.redback.role.DefaultRoleManager.loadRoleModel(DefaultRoleManager.java:107)
>  at
> org.codehaus.plexus.redback.role.DefaultRoleManager.initialize(DefaultRoleManager.java:411)
> at
> org.codehaus.plexus.spring.PlexusLifecycleBeanPostProcessor.postProcessAfterInitialization(PlexusLifecycleBeanPostProcessor.java:217)
>
> On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 9:30 AM, nicolas de loof <nicolas.deloof@gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Got some more infos on my startup error  :
>>
>> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating
>> bean with name 'modelResolver': Initialization of bean failed;
>> org.apache.maven.project.ModelResolver
>>
>> Is ModelResolver supposed to be a maven-project class ?
>>
>> I also get :
>> ClassNotFoundException:
>> org.apache.maven.artifact.repository.metadata.RepositoryMetadataBuilder
>>

>> I also notice some concurrency errors after this one :
>>
>> Caused by: java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
>> at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.checkForComodification(Unknown Source)
>> at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.next(Unknown Source)
>>  at
>> org.codehaus.plexus.redback.role.processor.DefaultRoleModelProcessor.processRoles(DefaultRoleModelProcessor.java:218)
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 9:07 AM, nicolas de loof <
>> nicolas.deloof@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I changed the log4j.xml to use a ConsoleAppender and everything in TRACE
>>> I now have a 20Mo log and still no running archiva, but this strange
>>> stacktrace that could explain no log with "standard" setting :
>>>
>>> log4j:ERROR Error occured while converting date.
>>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>>> at java.lang.System.arraycopy(Native Method)
>>>  at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.getChars(Unknown Source)
>>> at java.lang.StringBuffer.getChars(Unknown Source)
>>>  at
>>> org.apache.log4j.helpers.AbsoluteTimeDateFormat.format(AbsoluteTimeDateFormat.java:117)
>>> at java.text.DateFormat.format(Unknown Source)
>>>  at
>>> org.apache.log4j.helpers.PatternParser$DatePatternConverter.convert(PatternParser.java:444)
>>> at