archiva-dev mailing list archives

From <geoffrey.twes...@nomura.com>
Subject RE: archiva source code
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 23:29:36 GMT
Hi again,
I have just started having a go at fixing the issue below. Before
archiva starts copying artifacts to the version directory, 1.e., 4.1,
9.0, 1.2.3 and so on...., it creates it somewhere first. Does anyone
have an idea  where? I have commented out the 'addMember' method in the
'ArchivaDavResource' class and this confirms that the version directory
is not created there. Does anyone know where it is created? If I can
find the answer to this, then the rest should be trivial.
Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brett Porter [mailto:brett@porterclan.net] On Behalf Of Brett
Porter
Sent: 17 March 2009 10:07
To: dev@archiva.apache.org
Subject: Re: archiva source code

On 17/03/2009, at 8:57 PM, <geoffrey.twesige@nomura.com>
<geoffrey.twesige@nomura.com
 > wrote:

> The problem is that Archiva accepts deployments of artifacts that
> already exist in the repository. I have already modified the code in
> the
> UploadAction class to block off any duplicates via the upload
> section on
> the Archiva UI and now I am trying to do the same for Webdav. I am
> open
> for suggestions if anyone has some, because it seems like doing the
> same
> for deployments via Webdav is going to be a tough hack.

ArchivaDavResource has an addMember resource that takes care of this,
so you can make the modification there.

If you are able to also add some configuration on the managed
repository as to whether it should allow this or not, this would be a
great change to contribute back. Will you be able to submit a patch
for your changes?

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential, may contain
proprietary or privileged information and is intended for the named
recipient(s) only. Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action
on the basis of information in this e-mail and must delete all copies.
Nomura will not accept responsibility or liability for the accuracy or
completeness of, or the presence of any virus or disabling code in, this
e-mail. If verification is sought please request a hard copy. Any reference
to the terms of executed transactions should be treated as preliminary only
and subject to formal written confirmation by Nomura. Nomura reserves the
right to monitor e-mail communications through its networks (in accordance
with applicable laws). No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by
Nomura by any mistransmission of this e-mail. Any reference to "Nomura" is
a reference to any entity in the Nomura Holdings, Inc. group. Please read
our Electronic Communications Legal Notice which forms part of this e-mail:
http://www.Nomura.com/email_disclaimer.htm