archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Maria Odea Ching <och...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Archiva 1.2
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2009 07:03:23 GMT
Hi James,

I think http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-1136 already addresses this
metadata problem? I tested it out using both virtual repos and just a
regular repository proxy, and I was able to get the artifacts with a Maven
2.1 metadata..

-Deng

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 10:41 AM, James William Dumay
<james@atlassian.com>wrote:

> -1
>
> I know it is a little late in the process, but I want to vote against
> releasing 1.2.
>
> MRM-1154 blocks all users of Maven 2.1.x from using Archiva since our
> metadata merging barfs on the xml schema attributes that were slipped into
> the 2.1.x format.
>
> It might also be wise for us to ship a 1.1.4 release that allows
> compatibility for those who are sticking to the current stable release event
> after 1.2 is GA.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> James
>

> nicolas de loof wrote:
>
>> After javamail update I get it to work, and I also get logs in archiva.log
>> :D
>> So as a summary
>> - on tomcat 5.5 javamail>  1.2 seems to be required,
>> - migration from a 1.1 user database is broken
>> - some bad component.xml metadata are repported by the spring-plexus
>> bridge
>>
>> The 2nd one is a restriction that must be documented in the release note
>> as
>> this is not easy to know what's wrong when the app didn't start.
>>
>> As I really have fiew time to test the release, and even less to
>> contribute,
>> here is my +0
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 2:02 PM, nicolas de loof
>> <nicolas.deloof@gmail.com>wrote:
>>

>>> My tomcat has mail.jar 1.2 in common/libbut this version allready defines
>>> a public InternetAddress( String ) AFAIK.

--
Maria Odea Ching
Software Engineer | Exist Global | 687-4091 | Skype: maria.odea.ching |