archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Maria Odea Ching <och...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Archiva 1.2
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 16:14:43 GMT
I was able to deploy and access the archiva 1.2 war in tomcat 5.5.17 (ubuntu
linux)
I had the following error during startup though (even after I edited the
log4j.xml file in the war to set the path to the logs):

log4j:ERROR setFile(null,true) call failed.
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /logs/archiva-security-audit.log (No such
file or directory)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.openAppend(Native Method)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:177)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:102)
        at org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.setFile(FileAppender.java:289)
        at
org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.activateOptions(FileAppender.java:163)
        at
org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender.activateOptions(DailyRollingFileAppender.java:215)
        at
org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.activate(PropertySetter.java:256)
        at
org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.parseAppender(DOMConfigurator.java:220)
log4j:ERROR Either File or DatePattern options are not set for appender
[redbackAuditLog].
log4j:ERROR setFile(null,true) call failed.
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /logs/archiva.log (No such file or directory)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.openAppend(Native Method)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:177)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:102)
        at org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.setFile(FileAppender.java:289)
        at
org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.activateOptions(FileAppender.java:163)
        at
org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender.activateOptions(DailyRollingFileAppender.java:215)

I was still able to access Archiva webapp even with the above errors..
Could the problem you encountered be related to
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-1085 ?

Thanks,
Deng