archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: archiva source code
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2009 10:06:49 GMT

On 17/03/2009, at 8:57 PM, <geoffrey.twesige@nomura.com> <geoffrey.twesige@nomura.com

 > wrote:

> The problem is that Archiva accepts deployments of artifacts that
> already exist in the repository. I have already modified the code in
> the
> UploadAction class to block off any duplicates via the upload
> section on
> the Archiva UI and now I am trying to do the same for Webdav. I am
> open
> for suggestions if anyone has some, because it seems like doing the
> same
> for deployments via Webdav is going to be a tough hack.

ArchivaDavResource has an addMember resource that takes care of this,
so you can make the modification there.

If you are able to also add some configuration on the managed
repository as to whether it should allow this or not, this would be a
great change to contribute back. Will you be able to submit a patch
for your changes?

Cheers,
Brett

--