archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Shi Yusen <sh...@langhua.cn>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Archiva 1.2
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 16:50:47 GMT
Mmm, I forgot to copy xalan.jar and serializer.jar to WEB-INF/lib/. Now
Archiva 1.2 works. As a newcomer, I'm curious why you don't put these
jars into the war file. And in 1.1.3, if no these jars, I can see error
messages in tomcat log. In 1.2, no any output to complain this error.

Regards,

Shi Yusen/Beijing Langhua Ltd.

在 2009-03-24二的 00:35 +0800,Maria Odea Ching写道:
> [...]
>
> On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 12:26 AM, nicolas de loof
> <nicolas.deloof@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > No idea how my issue relates to this issue as I have no log to check. The
> > appserver.base property is set in my application.properties, and I've
> > patched the log4j.xml with absolute path, but still get no log.
> > I have no way to investigate on the deployment server as this is a
> > corporate
> > one with restricted access ... Will have to keep using 1.1* for a while.
> > On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 5:14 PM, Maria Odea Ching <oching@apache.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I was able to deploy and access the archiva 1.2 war in tomcat 5.5.17
> > > (ubuntu
> > > linux)
> > > I had the following error during startup though (even after I edited the
> > > log4j.xml file in the war to set the path to the logs):
> > >
> > > log4j:ERROR setFile(null,true) call failed.
> > > java.io.FileNotFoundException: /logs/archiva-security-audit.log (No such
> > > file or directory)
> > >        at java.io.FileOutputStream.openAppend(Native Method)
> > >        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:177)
> > >        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:102)
> > >        at org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.setFile(FileAppender.java:289)
> > >        at
> > > org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.activateOptions(FileAppender.java:163)
> > >        at
> > >

> > org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender.activateOptions(DailyRollingFileAppender.java:215)
> > >        at
> > > org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.activate(PropertySetter.java:256)
> > >        at
> > >

> > org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.parseAppender(DOMConfigurator.java:220)
> > > log4j:ERROR Either File or DatePattern options are not set for appender
> > > [redbackAuditLog].
> > > log4j:ERROR setFile(null,true) call failed.
> > > java.io.FileNotFoundException: /logs/archiva.log (No such file or
> > > directory)
> > >        at java.io.FileOutputStream.openAppend(Native Method)
> > >        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:177)
> > >        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:102)
> > >        at org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.setFile(FileAppender.java:289)
> > >        at
> > > org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.activateOptions(FileAppender.java:163)
> > >        at
> > >

> > org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender.activateOptions(DailyRollingFileAppender.java:215)
> > >
> > > I was still able to access Archiva webapp even with the above errors..
> > > Could the problem you encountered be related to
> > > http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-1085 ?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Deng
> > >
> > > On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 11:25 PM, Maria Odea Ching <oching@apache.org

> > > anything

> > > nicolas.deloof@gmail.com

> > > fixed

> > org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.ssh.knownhost.NullKnownHostsProvider

setup custom JVM