archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Remove support for webdav?
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 06:32:48 GMT
I agree with Deng.

I thought WebDAV was a reasonable choice for the central web interface
since it forced it to be resource-based and gave a bit of extra
functionality. I know that we still had it a little tangled up though.

I've no objection to abstracting it a layer away, but if it's at all
hard to add Jackrabbit on top of what remains (plugin? :) then I'd
think something has gone horribly wrong. We've (ok, you've!) already
done most of the hard work of figuring out some of the client and
locking issues - if we don't have a direct need for that then we can
document that it is only partially supported and let people that want
to fix that do so themselves, right?

Cheers,
Brett

--