archiva-dev mailing list archives

From James William Dumay <ja...@atlassian.com>
Subject Re: Remove support for webdav?
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 06:38:33 GMT

Hey Brett,
On 26/02/2009, at 5:32 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

> I agree with Deng.
>
> I thought WebDAV was a reasonable choice for the central web
> interface since it forced it to be resource-based and gave a bit of
> extra functionality. I know that we still had it a little tangled up
> though.
>
> I've no objection to abstracting it a layer away, but if it's at all
> hard to add Jackrabbit on top of what remains (plugin? :) then I'd
> think something has gone horribly wrong. We've (ok, you've!) already
> done most of the hard work of figuring out some of the client and
> locking issues - if we don't have a direct need for that then we can
> document that it is only partially supported and let people that
> want to fix that do so themselves, right?

Its not difficult to add webdav functionality back in. At this point
I'd probably not recommend going the jackrabbit way again - the
net.sf.webdav-servlet dudes have done a really excellent job on
implementing a new servlet that is not quite so tied up in the
jackrabbit way of doing things.

Cheers
James