archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Maria Odea Ching <och...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Suggestion] Better handling of artifacts with missing pom
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 02:57:28 GMT
On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 10:37 PM, Jevica Arianne B. Zurbano <
jzurbano@exist.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I came across MRM-799 (Better handling of artifacts with missing pom). I
> suggest that a POM is created with at least the basic information such as
> the groupId, artifactId, and version whenever an artifact (without POM) is
> selected in Browse. The POM created is not necessarily put in the filesystem
> so that it will not violate the purpose of "Generate POM" option in Upload
> when not selected. This should allow the users to view/download the artifact
> even without the presence of the POM.
>

> Another approach is to have a field in the database that would track
> artifacts with no POM. This field can also be used to monitor repository
> health and also be able to deal with this issue before an exception is
> thrown (not allowing artifacts to be viewed/downloaded).

Hmm, can we have both? :) Basic information would be displayed in the browse
for those artifacts with missing POMs and at the same time it would also be
noted/logged in the database that the artifact is missing a pom.

Thanks,
Deng

--
Maria Odea Ching
Software Engineer | Exist Global | 687-4091 | Skype: maria.odea.ching |