archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Search improvements for 1.2
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2008 06:39:25 GMT
I visited James today and we came up with this list of things to fix a
bit more urgently (I'll be putting them in JIRA later).

Already changed:
* remove dependencies/filecontent from the quick search - must not
search for dependencies on commons-lang
* change the default search to AND instead of OR

Still to look at:
     - [ ] improve the search results page
         - [ ] remove metadata files
         - [ ] merge versions in search results
         - [ ] for snapshots, just show SNAPSHOT, not timestamps
         - [ ] show hits in the results (this may not be possible or
needed with better results, however)

     - [ ] existing JIRA complaints
         - [ ] MRM-732 (tokenizing)
         - [ ] MRM-495 (weighting)
         - [ ] MRM-609 (windows bug - may be fixed)
         - [ ] MRM-933 (hit count, pagination completely busted)

         - [ ] improve appearance and flexibility, maybe change to
"add term" buttons on the default search
         - [ ] class/package search is still flaky
             - [ ] might be the analyzer rules, etc. for splitting on
'.'

- [ ] browse improvements
     - [ ] artifact version list should show basic shared project
information rather than having to drill into one version
     - [ ] snapshot should go to a page that shows a list of versions
           (go to latest, but list previous snapshots)

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Brett

--