archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Felipe Roos da Rosa <feliper...@yahoo.com>
Subject Enc: Archiva OMG RAS extension
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2008 18:57:52 GMT
Hi James & Brett!

It's being a while since the last email, but only now I had the chance to perform some investigation.
Now that I did, some other question came up.

I took an overall look at the archiva running it on my machine. I've also downloaded the
svn repository for writing a plugin, but I could not get that sample working yet (i'm working
on - with some luck, i've an environment problem). I would like to ask you some things about
the repository, and how can I handle the generation of pom files.

As long as I understood, we can write a repository content consumer so archiva tells us when
a new artifact is added to the repository. In our context, we would process a ".ras" file,
and generate the "pom.xml" that makes referente to it. Is that correct? Where can I find
more resources about the process archiva uses to call its consumers?

Another thing is that when browsing through archiva for an artifact, I believe that the
information archiva shows about the artifact comes from the pom.xml file. If so, is there
any way to change layout/content of the artifact page so we can show customized information
about the artifact?

Last, but not least, a RAS repository must be enabled with two URLs that support POST actions
(stated in the spec). One performs searches by keyword, and return a list of assets. The
other performs a search by logical path and brings back a single asset. Is there a way to
build that inside archiva? Otherwise I would have to write a HTTP wrapper that peform searches
to archiva...

Thanks for all your support.
Kind regards,
Felipe Roos