archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Roadmap for 1.2?
Date Sun, 14 Sep 2008 03:32:56 GMT
Hi,

I took a look at JIRA and made a few updates. There's still a lot in
there for 1.2, and also a bunch of stuff in 1.1.x. I also noticed that
things tended to get pushed out a few times.

We have 1.1.x for things eligible to be fixed now and 1.x for things
we've deliberately decided not to fix yet, then Future for things that
are really nice to have.

The more I think about this, it seems a bit artificial. Really, 1.x ==
1.1.x, but for features. And the features in Future are no less worthy
than the features in 1.x.

So, I wanted to suggest the following:
* merge Future, 1.1.x and 1.x and call it 1.x. This can just be a list
of stuff we believe to be valid and is eligible to be fixed now. If
it's a minor fix, you can merge it to the currently active point
release branch too.
* Keep the "next version" pretty trim - start with just a few things
we really want to see done before release, then add things from 1.x
that are important (use votes as a guide).
* While I'm not saying we should assign things, I think the "next
release" should only contain things someone has consciously decided
they could work on.

WDYT?

Aside from this, is the list of stuff for 1.2 correct or should we cut
it back?

Cheers,
Brett

--