archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Archiva OMG RAS extension
Date Sun, 07 Sep 2008 21:00:06 GMT
On 07/09/2008, at 4:13 PM, Joana M. F. Trindade wrote:

> Hi Brett,
>
> Thanks for the support, that would be really great :-)
>
> At first, we considered implementing our own format of repository.
> Since OMG
> does not define a specific format or metadata for RAS repositories
> per se,
> however, we thought that going for a Maven repository with RAS
> artifacts
> would require considerably less effort. Maven already has dependency
> management, and concerning repository managers it seems that Archiva
> offers
> most of the tasks we were going to implement ourselves from scratch.
> By
> reusing Maven, we can focus on implementing support for processing RAS
> artifacts metadata as defined in the specification.

That makes sense.

> I understand this is preliminary documentation, but we would really
> appreciate if you can provide pointers for samples (e.g., are there
> any
> specific roles, role-hint values in the plexus component definition we
> should be aware of?) so we can write our own consumer.

The page I referenced to does link to a sample which is worth a look.
In the snippet shown, you want the same role and instantiation-
strategy, and can come up with whatever identifier for the role-hint
you like that describes what it does.

I hope that helps get you started - if you have any specific questions
feel free to ask.

Cheers,
Brett

--