archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Target architecture
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2008 23:55:11 GMT

On 21/08/2008, at 6:21 AM, Emmanuel Venisse wrote:

> No question, no violent reaction :)
>
> I'm totally agree with your proposal.
>
> About the plugin aspect of the webapp, it must be easy to add/remove a
> plugin, so we need to look at the technology used for the rendering.
> I'm not
> sure it's easy to use a plugin system with webwork. Will we continue
> to use
> it? Will you migrate to something else? Will we use some ajax things?

I think plugins would be possible in any framework, but easier in some
than others. I think changing UI first is probably a good idea. IMO at
the least to struts2, but open to looking at something different :)

AJAX is important for simplifying/improving some of the pages, though
I don't think we need a 100% ajax based UI either.

Most important thing is keeping the separation between the rest of the
system.

> In
> Continuum sandbox, I added a poc based on Flex with a plugin system,
> nothing
> to modify, only a the plugin swf to add.Of course, I don't say that
> we must
> migrate to Flex, it is only a possibility to look at.

Will be interesting to see once I get a chance to look :)

- Brett