archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hosting a public archiva?
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2008 05:08:50 GMT
I think this is a great idea.

We should just start by serving the Apache repositories (snapshots and
releases), which we can rsync to the machine running Archiva. I don't
think proxying makes much sense.

Syncing in central as well is an option, we just need to be careful
that we'd just be a pure mirror, and need to ensure it doesn't look
like an Apache distribution point.

Also, we'd need to make sure this doesn't get frequently used as a
Maven download point, for a couple of reasons: bandwidth use, and
because we have to be free to take this down from time to time.

Here are some options for hosting it:
- as part of the vmbuild infrastructure
- request a new zone

Cheers,