archiva-dev mailing list archives

From "Milos Kleint" <mkle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Archiva search integration in Q4E
Date Mon, 26 May 2008 12:18:02 GMT
Hey,

Until there's a webservice running 24/7 against central repository,
there's no need to actually consider it for IDE integration I believe.
Additionally the downloadable index can satisfy multiple requests at
once, reasonably fast from multiple repositories. That makes
aggregation of multiple repos reasonably predictable. With webservices
you end up with one server having unreliable response, being down,
unreachable etc. and everything get bogged down.
The upside is always uptodate data, but I'm not convinced it's that
important for index content. a month old central repo is more than
enough.

just my 2 cents.

Milos Kleint

PS: the netbeans maven integration is using nexus as primary indexing
engine (more are possible throung pluggable spi) just for this reason:
it has central repo index up.