archiva-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Subversion as the back-end for Archiva?
Date Thu, 01 May 2008 03:14:10 GMT
On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 4:06 PM, Rahul Thakur
<rahul.thakur.xdev@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Just thinking out loud - Are builds with internal repos/proxies not
>  reproducible? What is/are possible downsides of not having SVN store
>  binary artifacts?

You have more control over an internal repository of course, but
depending on how tightly you control access, things can _still_
disappear or get changed, resulting in the build that worked six
months ago no longer working.  I don't have unix filesystem level
logging of changes to the internal repos.

There's more to it than repository content (JDK version, Maven
version, locking down plugins, etc.)

And no, I'm not working on it.  It's on the nice-to-have list.  :)

--
Wendy