archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What do we need to establish?
Date Sat, 10 May 2008 20:19:19 GMT
On 09/05/2008, at 6:19 PM, Maria Odea Ching wrote:

> Maybe we could start with the release procedure?
>
> This is what we currently have:
> http://cwiki.apache.org/ARCHIVA/archiva-release-process.html
>
> It's basically adopted from Maven's release procedure.
> Does anyone think the 72 hrs. voting time is not enough for testing
> the
> release? Or there's something wrong with the ordering of the process
> that we
> have now? Thoughts, anyone? :-)

I think this process will evolve, but I think it's fine. I would ask
that only publicly announc-able, final, releases go to the mirrors and
repo1, whatever the version scheme we use (we can use
people.apache.org/builds for the rest).

72 hours is a minimum as Wendy said - I'd leave it up to the person
doing the release to extend that if they feel it's necessary due to
the significance of changes.

Cheers,
Brett

--