archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Maria Odea Ching <och...@exist.com>
Subject Re: test failures on trunk (archiva-security)
Date Sun, 11 May 2008 02:38:31 GMT
Yeah, I was looking at these build failures but I don't have the
appropriate permissions to see the build results. Archiva is
successfully building locally, so I can't see what was causing the build
failure in Continuum. Can I get a developer access for Archiva in
VMbuild please? :-)

Brett Porter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I haven't got time to dig into it further, but it seems like the
> addition of the xwork integration dependency on trunk causes test
> failures in the existing tests (due to dragging in alternate providers).
>
> I don't think we should depend on the xwork integration in -security -
> though I see the reason why because the HttpAuthenticator that is
> needed is in there.
>
> Is there a way to factor those methods out of there, or for their
> limited need copy them into archiva-security? It seems like these were
> put here to share between the servlets, so the bits that use xwork
> actually will be ignored and could be handled directly from the
> httpservletreq.
I couldn't move these authentication classes from the security module to
the webapp module because this would cause a cyclic dependency between
the webapp and webdav modules. But I guess I could just have the
SecuritySession and AuthenticationResults objects just passed as
parameters to the isAuthenticed & isAuthorized methods in
archiva-security so as to eliminate the dependency to xwork-integration.

> Cheers,
> Brett
>
> --
> Brett Porter