archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [plexus work] archiva-checksums
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 08:57:07 GMT
Looks good to me. I say roll it into trunk.

A couple of uncertainties:
- isn't doFinal required?
- I think it can use more tests

Here's some nitpicking that might reduce the amount of code and make
it clearer:
- rename Hash to ChecksumAlgorithm (might as well be consistent and
use checksum everywhere instead of alternating through Hash, Digest,
Checksum?)
- likewise Hasher -> Checksum
- there some duplicated code in isValidChecksums and fixChecksums that
can be factored out
- what about passing referenceFile as a final field, since every
method uses it?
   - but if not, it'd be better if the arg order of getChecksumFile
and createChecksum and calculateChecksum were consistent (I would go
with File first)
- I'd rename ChecksumFile as ChecksummedFile
- parseChecksum can be private?
- the two isValidChecksum(s) methods do different things.
isValidChecksum should be isValidChecksum(Hash hash) { return
isValidChecksums( new Hash[] { hash } ); }. Maybe another static
convenience method is needed for the checksum file
checkChecksumFile( File checksumFile ).

- Brett

--
Brett Porter