archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: WIP/POC archiva-jarinfo
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 12:01:19 GMT
I've only taken a quick look. I do like the idea of gathering more
information so this is a good avenue to pursue.

I have some really fundamental questions first though, so help me out:
- how would this replace scanning if it only deals with JARs?
- what are the assumptions that have been proven to be misguided that
you refer to?
- I haven't looked at the code, but my initial reaction was that it
either overlaps or copies a lot from current archiva classes or maven-
shared-jar - is that correct or am I missing something?

When I think about collecting more information about artifacts, I
really think about decorators that can be added (so you can add your
own). Wouldn't this be best done as a small set of those? (which could
be integrated into trunk now - in fact it was something I wanted to
look at tomorrow to add the new archetype descriptor indexing now that
its released)

Thanks,
Brett

--