archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [JIRA] move from jira.codehaus.org to issues.apache.org?
Date Sun, 30 Mar 2008 21:51:38 GMT

On 30/03/2008, at 3:16 PM, Joakim Erdfelt wrote:

> I'd like to start a discussion on moving the MRM jira from
> jira.codehaus.org to issues.apache.org/jira/ opinions?

I would like to in the long term (maybe even change the key?)

On 30/03/2008, at 3:58 PM, Maria Odea Ching wrote:
> I have no problems moving the MRM jira to Apache, as that would
> centralize
> all the resources we're using to Apache. We just need to make sure
> that
> users would be well notified of this change, as not everyone who's
> using
> Archiva is subscribed to the mailing lists.

This is a good point, and one we need to consider. A redirect could be
put in place, but we also need to consider the impact on user accounts.

On 30/03/2008, at 4:44 PM, Wendy Smoak wrote:

> In the past JIRA migrations have been problematic.  That's why Struts
> has a separate one, etc.  Is it posssible to to migrate the content
> into an existing JIRA instance now?

At present, not without great amounts of pain and gnashing of teeth. I
heard someone say you could do it with Jelly scripts...

I think we'd need to have our own, or share it with Continuum. I'm not
sure if the JIRA machine has the memory to take another instance, we'd
need to find out.

Cheers,
Brett

--