archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Joakim Erdfelt <joa...@erdfelt.com>
Subject Re: plan for MRM-159
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 01:45:37 GMT
Heh, I can't grasp the nuances between Error handlings and update error
handling.

The proxy connector has a few places an exception could occur.
(off the top of my head)

* Request for remote content results in hostname (dns) exception.
* Request for remote content results in auth exception.
* Request for remote content results in connection exception.
* Downloading the remote content fails midstream. (partial download)
* Can't create directory for remote content to download into
* Can't create file for remote content to download into (this is a temp
file name, btw)
* Can't rename remote content (temp filename) to actual name.
* The client requesting the content has closed the connection early (no
propogation issue here)
* Network proxy error.
* Exception while updating maven-metadata.xml file.
* Failed policy (checksum, and in the future, the pgp check)

- Joakim