archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Subversion as the back-end for Archiva?
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 22:32:28 GMT
At the time when we had Wagon as the storage mechanism for the backend
as well, I would have said switching them was enough.

I'm not sure if the current code is 100% encapsulated in the
repository layer, but some refactoring around that, particularly
making sure artifact storage is transactional, and then providing an
implementation that wraps and "commit" with a checkin would do the
trick.

Alternatively, a cron that crawled a checkout and did any necessary
add/deletes on a regular interval, but that would not capture every
change. NEither of these take into account updates from an external
source.

I don't really know that subversion is the right tool for the job here
- we're largely storing unchanging binaries - timestamped backups
would make more sense here I think. Is that the use case they have?

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter