archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Usage of appassembler-maven-plugin
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2008 21:55:47 GMT

On 07/03/2008, at 5:33 AM, Joakim Erdfelt wrote:

> Arnaud HERITIER wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>  I notice that we are using in the module archiva-jetty the
>> appassembler-maven-plugin v 1.0-SNAPSHOT from mojo and we didn't
>> add the
>> snapshots repository of mojos in the pom. Is it wanted ?
>>

> I had only partial luck adding the codehaus snapshot repository as a
> fix.
>
> The appassembler-maven-plugin seems to pull in a dependency on ...
> .../tanuki/wrapper-delta-pack/3.2.3/wrapper-delta-pack-3.2.3.tar.gz
> as well, which isn't present on any repository (had to manually
> download it too)

My bad, I made the changes in the appassembler and never uploaded the
delta pack into the central repo. Will do.

> I've always pondered the need for the appassembler.
> I'm partial to just having jetty + tanuki expanded into the archiva-
> jetty/src/app/ and let the assembly plugin make the zip/tar.gz files.

The appassembler nicely generates the wrapper conf file and different
platforms you request. Much easier to upgrade the wrapper or
reconfigure or duplicate for Continuum, etc.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org