archiva-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Archiva 1.0.1 (Take 2)
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 15:27:03 GMT
On Jan 29, 2008 4:11 AM, Maria Odea Ching <oching@apache.org> wrote:

> The Archiva 1.0.1 release candidate has been prepared. JPOX was upgraded
> from 1.1.7 to 1.1.9 to fix an issue that results for Archiva to hang. Other
> changes for this release include an improvement for maven 1 artifact
> resolution, validation in the legacy artifact mapping form and revisions in
> the documentation.

+1 - with the default setup it proxied everything it needed to build
Struts 1, and this time after clicking 'Scan Repository' and 'Update
Database' the search and browse features showed the content.  I only
tested the tarball on OS X.

A few things...

* Clicking on 'Repositories' for the first time takes far too long to
load the page.  I see the usual jpox stack trace and assume it has
gone off to set up the database.  Can we make it do that behind the
scenes when the app first starts?

* There is no way to set the index directory through the web ui (I
share the same repo filesystem with different versions of Archiva,
they need separate indexes.)

--
Wendy