archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MRM-684 - Solving Archiva Blocking
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 03:30:41 GMT

On 08/02/2008, at 2:21 PM, James William Dumay wrote:

> Looks like we only use Http/Https, ssh and file Wagon's in archiva -
> commons-vfs so far looks like it hits the spot.

Sounds like it's worth an evaluation regardless.

> I have a copy of Wagon checked out at the moment that works purely
> with
> streams but I ran into a few of issues:
> * Wagon's transfer even model relies on being able to pass the File
> object that is being transfered to the listener - if its a streaming
> the
> transfer events don't make any sense seeing that the consumer of Wagon
> would be doing all the reading/writing
> * There are about three different ssh/scp Wagon implementations that
> can
> only deal with files. For example, there is a Wagon provider that will
> use the systems scp executable to upload/download files
>
> I really don't see the value in having to ditch Wagon implementations.

So if we do stick to this, sounds like it's not a convenience File
method, but two implementations, and the stream one is only supported
by some implementations and just throws an error on the others? (Those
don't make sense for Archiva anyway). As far as the transfer events go
- not sure I understand - isn't the wagon consuming from an
InputStream and pushing to an OutputStream and can trace the byte
count along the way?

Cheers,
Brett

--