archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [discuss] Archiva TLP proposal
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 07:12:55 GMT

On 28/02/2008, at 5:31 PM, Maria Odea Ching wrote:

>> +1 to this list.
>> Is this a list of existing commiters in the project only?
>> Would it be inappropriate to get James Dumay involved in this too?
>>

> I don't have any problems with this.. I think it's a great idea to
> get James
> involved as well :-)
> Is this something that should be discussed with the Maven PMC
> members first?

Oh, you mean hold a vote for Maven now?

Yeah, I was wondering how to respond to this :) I was holding out for
a couple more patches but was thinking of putting up a committer vote.

I would say - let's put the proposal in as is. If he is voted in as a
Maven committer in the mean time (quite possible since he contributes
to wagon and Maven too), he will automatically come across anyway
(just not on the PMC, which is quite normal for new committers). If
for any reason that doesn't happen - we can look at his contributions
to Archiva and start a vote there instead.

What do you think?

- Brett

--
Brett Porter