archiva-dev mailing list archives

From "Fabrice Bellingard" <belling...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [discuss] Archiva TLP proposal
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 10:21:01 GMT
On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 3:04 AM, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:

> Ok, seems there is some interest in putting together a proposal. I'm
> going to follow the same format we used at Continuum last month.
>
> Before we continue to vote on a proposal to send to the board, we need
> to:
>
> 1) Decide on a charter for the project.
>
> "the creation and maintenance of open-source software related to ..."

Here's my try :-)

"The Apache Archiva project is an extensible repository management software
that helps taking care of your own personal or enterprise-wide artifact
repository. It offers several capabilities, amongst which remote repository
proxying, build artifacts storage, delivery and indexing, extensible
scanning functionality, and many more."

2) Nominate a chair to put in the proposal

> I would like to nominate Deng as the chair of the project. I think the
> work she has done in making sure releases happened consistently,
> answering users questions, and following up contributions has
> contributed a lot to the growth of the project recently.
>
> Are there any other nominations or seconds?

Agree, Deng has done a really good job around Archiva, which makes her an
excellent candidate for the chair of the projet. :-)
Joakim has also been involved a lot, and could therefore also be a good
candidate, IMO.

> 3) Agree on the initial committers and PMC list
>
> I have the current committers list as:
> Maria Odea Ching (oching@apache.org)
> Fabrice Bellingard (bellingard@apache.org)
> Nicolas de Loof (nicolas@apache.org)