archiva-dev mailing list archives

From "Fabrice Bellingard" <belling...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plan to migrate towards Spring?
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2008 08:32:14 GMT
On Feb 19, 2008 8:52 AM, nicolas de loof <nicolas@apache.org> wrote:

> 2008/2/18, Joakim Erdfelt <joakim@erdfelt.com>:
>
> +1000 : I was never very confortable with plexus and lack of documentation
> on available components.

Definitely the same. Moving towards Spring will help new comers to get
started faster with developing Archiva.

So here's my +1 for moving toward Spring and any other component/techno that
is easier to use for developing (like the commons-*, quartz, ...) or that
makes Archiva easier to maintain in the long term (JPA, ...).

Concerning the web UI, IMHO, moving to Struts 2 would be a good option and a
wiser decision, as getting rid of Plexus will already require quite some
efforts.

Fabrice