archiva-dev mailing list archives

From "nicolas de loof" <nico...@apache.org>
Subject from plexus to spring...
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 09:37:42 GMT
Hello,

I've repackaged and improved the spring support for plexus components in a
dedicated poject
-->
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/archiva/branches/springy/plexus-spring/

This new module provides runtime translation from plexus component
descriptors to a Spring XML context, using a simple XSL file and a custom
ApplicationContext. Any existing plexus jars can then be used in a spring
context.

It defines a custom <plexus:> spring-namespace. Under the hood a custom
FactoryBean handles plexus components field-injection and (some) lifecycle
interfaces. As I discover plexus features by testing on archiva, I'd be
pleased to get more infos on plexus IoC specificities.

It also provides a PlexusInSpringTestCase that is a replacement class for
PlexusTestCase, providing equivalent methods and behavior.

I've applied this (in springy branch) on archiva-policies and archiva-proxy
(with some test failures in latest I have to investigate)

On this basis and with the required improvements, I thing this is a nice way
to move archiva (or other plexus-based app) to spring and then gradually
refactor plexus components, either using Spring annotation or XML context
files (my +1 for context files).

Nicolas.