archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Joakim Erdfelt <joa...@erdfelt.com>
Subject Re: [discuss] Archiva TLP proposal
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 06:20:34 GMT
Fabrice Bellingard wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 3:04 AM, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> Ok, seems there is some interest in putting together a proposal. I'm
>> going to follow the same format we used at Continuum last month.
>>
>> Before we continue to vote on a proposal to send to the board, we need
>> to:
>>
>> 1) Decide on a charter for the project.
>>
>> "the creation and maintenance of open-source software related to ..."
>>

> Here's my try :-)
>
> "The Apache Archiva project is an extensible repository management software
> that helps taking care of your own personal or enterprise-wide artifact
> repository. It offers several capabilities, amongst which remote repository
> proxying, build artifacts storage, delivery and indexing, extensible
> scanning functionality, and many more."

+1 from me.

> 2) Nominate a chair to put in the proposal
>
>> I would like to nominate Deng as the chair of the project. I think the
>> work she has done in making sure releases happened consistently,
>> answering users questions, and following up contributions has
>> contributed a lot to the growth of the project recently.
>>
>> Are there any other nominations or seconds?
>>

> Agree, Deng has done a really good job around Archiva, which makes her an
> excellent candidate for the chair of the projet. :-)
> Joakim has also been involved a lot, and could therefore also be a good
> candidate, IMO.

I'm honored that you would consider me, but I'm going to have to decline
the PMC chair for Archiva at this time.
My life, job, and house construction is eating far too much time to be
an effective PMC chair.

>> 3) Agree on the initial committers and PMC list
>>
>> I have the current committers list as:
>> Maria Odea Ching (oching@apache.org)
>> Fabrice Bellingard (bellingard@apache.org)
>> Nicolas de Loof (nicolas@apache.org)
>> Joakim Erdfelt (joakime@apache.org)
>> Arnaud Heritier (aheritier@apache.org)
>> Dennis Lundberg (dennisl@apache.org)
>> Jesse McConnell (jmcconnell@apache.org)
>> Brett Porter (brett@apache.org)
>> Edwin Punzalan (epunzalan@apache.org)
>> Carlos Sanchez (carlos@apache.org)
>> Wendy Smoak (wsmoak@apache.org)
>> John Tolentino (jtolentino@apache.org)
>> Emmanuel Venisse (evenisse@apache.org)
>>

> +1

+1 to this list.
Is this a list of existing commiters in the project only?
Would it be inappropriate to get James Dumay involved in this too?

>> Cheers,
>> Brett
>>

> Thanks for starting this, Brett.
>
> Fabrice