archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Joakim Erdfelt <joa...@erdfelt.com>
Subject Re: should Archiva talk about requesting to become a top level project?
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2008 18:27:37 GMT
Here's my +1

Initially I was a little skeptical that we could pull off a TLP, I had
this feeling that we hadn't yet reached the level of interest and
participation that Continuum has, but since this email I've been reading
the comments about Archiva online from people using / installing it.

Wow, are people talking about it.  So far it's mostly positive. yay!
(Congrats everyone!)

Example: Maven Repository Manager - why we chose Archiva
http://java.dzone.com/blogs/mrjohnsmart/2008/02/19/maven-repository-managers-why-

So, with this week of study, I feel that my own critical view of Archiva
of today is just flat out wrong.
Can it improve? Sure.
Does it work? Very well.
It is perfect? Does it matter? after all what software is perfect? (with
the exception of maybe unix /bin/true and /bin/false)

Looking forward to the TLP.  Lets do it.

- Joakim

--
- Joakim Erdfelt
  joakim@erdfelt.com