archiva-dev mailing list archives

From "Maria Odea Ching" <och...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Archiva 1.1 Roadmap
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2008 06:48:13 GMT
>From the thread so far, these are the things to choose from for the 1.1roadmap:

1. Reduce memory consumption
2. Preemptive artifact synchronisation
3. Eliminate client side blocking when artifacts are being downloaded from
remote repositories.
4. Ability to take repositories (both managed and remote) offline
5. Communication with remote repositories should be done asynchronously
6. Web UI for deploying artifacts
7. Plugin subsystem. We already have this for consumers but we really should
have features like search, dependency graphing and browsing as plugins so we
can turn bad behaving features and also give a way for users to create their
own functionality.
8. Separation between managed repositories used for publishing and those
used for caching artifacts from remote repositories. This separation would
allow us to have:
    * Provide indexing, browsing and search only for "publishing"
    * RSS feeds for new artifacts in published repositories.
9. Review synchronization of the configuration object
10. Improve the tests where databases are being set-up (use mock objects
instead)
11. Statistical reports
12. Repository grouping

Any more suggestions or comments for this? :)

Btw, what does everyone think of having the end of March as the target
release date of 1.1?

Thanks,
Deng