archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] [MRM-564] Audit Logging.
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 22:17:35 GMT

On 09/11/2007, at 5:48 AM, Joakim Erdfelt wrote:

> 1) Repository Configuration Create
> 2) Repository Configuration Edit
> 3) Repository Configuration Delete
> 4) Proxy Connector Create
> 5) Proxy Connector Edit
> 6) Proxy Connector Delete

I would put these in a separate log, probably

> 7) Metadata Merge

not sure about this one?

> 8) Auto-Remove Consumer
> 9) Auto-Rename Consumer
> 10) Snapshot Repository Purge Consumer

sounds good - but happy for that to be filed as a new issue for the
future (and include Wendy's additional comments about logging changes
noticed during the scan)

> 11) Scan Start
> 12) Scan End

already in the main log?

> Also, what should we use in the log field for "user id" and "remote
> ip" when logging from consumers?
> One idea would be to use "[consumer]" or "[purge]" style/format for
> the "user id" field, and "0.0.0.0" for remote ip in this situation.

I'd just put N/A (or "-") in each field in that case, and add
something meaningful to the action (automatically removed snapshot
due as it was older than 90 days, etc).

Cheers,
Brett

--